Jul 21, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
I love stuff like this: Astros’ rookie Chris Johnson hit his first major league home run on Monday. He subsequently became the victim of a prank:
He was originally given a ball he was told was the home run ball.
“They wrote all over it, I mean just destroyed it,” he said. “I
was like, ‘Really? Come on…'”
The ball was a fake.
“After the game, Roy (Oswalt) told me he had the real one,” said
I have no idea if this is true or not, but someone from Texas who claims to know the scoop emailed me to tell me that the fake ball was covered with just the foulest stuff, including illustrations of the male anatomy and whatnot.
I desperately want that to be true because I’d like to think that something as minor as a nightmare season for the Astros can in no way disrupt some good old fashioned locker room humor.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)