Jul 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have expressed interest in Blue Jays’ slugger Jose Bautista.
There were some comments in the Trade Tracker this morning from people who think that the Jays would be crazy to trade Bautista, but really, when is this guy’s value going to be higher? Does anyone think that he’s really a 40+ home run guy, year-in-year out? And even if you do — and maybe you can persuade me that all he needed was playing time — is that what the Jays need right now?
If the Giants — or anyone else for that matter — were to offer a couple of solid prospects for Brautista, I’m not sure how the Jays could possibly pass up that trade.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)