Jul 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have expressed interest in Blue Jays’ slugger Jose Bautista.
There were some comments in the Trade Tracker this morning from people who think that the Jays would be crazy to trade Bautista, but really, when is this guy’s value going to be higher? Does anyone think that he’s really a 40+ home run guy, year-in-year out? And even if you do — and maybe you can persuade me that all he needed was playing time — is that what the Jays need right now?
If the Giants — or anyone else for that matter — were to offer a couple of solid prospects for Brautista, I’m not sure how the Jays could possibly pass up that trade.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29