Jul 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have expressed interest in Blue Jays’ slugger Jose Bautista.
There were some comments in the Trade Tracker this morning from people who think that the Jays would be crazy to trade Bautista, but really, when is this guy’s value going to be higher? Does anyone think that he’s really a 40+ home run guy, year-in-year out? And even if you do — and maybe you can persuade me that all he needed was playing time — is that what the Jays need right now?
If the Giants — or anyone else for that matter — were to offer a couple of solid prospects for Brautista, I’m not sure how the Jays could possibly pass up that trade.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)