Jul 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have expressed interest in Blue Jays’ slugger Jose Bautista.
There were some comments in the Trade Tracker this morning from people who think that the Jays would be crazy to trade Bautista, but really, when is this guy’s value going to be higher? Does anyone think that he’s really a 40+ home run guy, year-in-year out? And even if you do — and maybe you can persuade me that all he needed was playing time — is that what the Jays need right now?
If the Giants — or anyone else for that matter — were to offer a couple of solid prospects for Brautista, I’m not sure how the Jays could possibly pass up that trade.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)