Jul 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have expressed interest in Blue Jays’ slugger Jose Bautista.
There were some comments in the Trade Tracker this morning from people who think that the Jays would be crazy to trade Bautista, but really, when is this guy’s value going to be higher? Does anyone think that he’s really a 40+ home run guy, year-in-year out? And even if you do — and maybe you can persuade me that all he needed was playing time — is that what the Jays need right now?
If the Giants — or anyone else for that matter — were to offer a couple of solid prospects for Brautista, I’m not sure how the Jays could possibly pass up that trade.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)