Jul 21, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
He’s not Ted Lilly, Prince Fielder or some holy man who will come in and cure all that ails the Mets’ unhappy clubhouse, but hey, he’s a bullpen arm: the Mets are signing Chad Cordero.
Cordero is coming off labrum surgery a couple of years ago and he was let go by the Mariners. Such facts aren’t generally considered a relief pitcher’s seal of approval. Still, the guy had a pretty healthy strikeout rate in AAA this year, he’s a better option than paying for some ineffective closer like Kevin Gregg, Kerry Wood or Chad Qualls and — perhaps most importantly — it keeps yet another former Montreal Expo in the big leagues, and that’s pretty important to a weird guy like me.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)