Jul 21, 2010, 11:07 AM EDT
Lou Piniella spoke last night about his decision to retire (it’s “the age factor). I gotta say, this is the most focused and animated I’ve seen the guy for a couple of years. That it took announcing his retirement for that side of him to re-emerge in public means that it’s probably a good move for him to retire.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12