Jul 22, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
There are varying degrees of interest here — from the previously reported “serious” interest in Haren from the Tigers — to the Twins, who are said to be “barely monitoring” Haren at the moment, but the upshot is that a lot more teams are falling into what can only be described as the Dan Haren Sweepstakes.
Well, I guess it could be described in a more original way, but I’ve been up and blogging since 5:20 this morning and my originality is just about spent.
Anyway, those teams, according to RosenthalMorosiFOXGolem include the Yankees, Cardinals and Phillies as well.
Basically there is no reason for anyone who is interested in Roy Oswalt to not be interested in Dan Haren, so the additional interest here seems to be a function of the Diamondbacks loosening up, not some sudden realization that Haren is, you know, a darn fine pitcher.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)