Jul 22, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
There are varying degrees of interest here — from the previously reported “serious” interest in Haren from the Tigers — to the Twins, who are said to be “barely monitoring” Haren at the moment, but the upshot is that a lot more teams are falling into what can only be described as the Dan Haren Sweepstakes.
Well, I guess it could be described in a more original way, but I’ve been up and blogging since 5:20 this morning and my originality is just about spent.
Anyway, those teams, according to RosenthalMorosiFOXGolem include the Yankees, Cardinals and Phillies as well.
Basically there is no reason for anyone who is interested in Roy Oswalt to not be interested in Dan Haren, so the additional interest here seems to be a function of the Diamondbacks loosening up, not some sudden realization that Haren is, you know, a darn fine pitcher.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 18
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)