Jul 22, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
There are varying degrees of interest here — from the previously reported “serious” interest in Haren from the Tigers — to the Twins, who are said to be “barely monitoring” Haren at the moment, but the upshot is that a lot more teams are falling into what can only be described as the Dan Haren Sweepstakes.
Well, I guess it could be described in a more original way, but I’ve been up and blogging since 5:20 this morning and my originality is just about spent.
Anyway, those teams, according to RosenthalMorosiFOXGolem include the Yankees, Cardinals and Phillies as well.
Basically there is no reason for anyone who is interested in Roy Oswalt to not be interested in Dan Haren, so the additional interest here seems to be a function of the Diamondbacks loosening up, not some sudden realization that Haren is, you know, a darn fine pitcher.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 3
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 30
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)