Jul 22, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
There are varying degrees of interest here — from the previously reported “serious” interest in Haren from the Tigers — to the Twins, who are said to be “barely monitoring” Haren at the moment, but the upshot is that a lot more teams are falling into what can only be described as the Dan Haren Sweepstakes.
Well, I guess it could be described in a more original way, but I’ve been up and blogging since 5:20 this morning and my originality is just about spent.
Anyway, those teams, according to RosenthalMorosiFOXGolem include the Yankees, Cardinals and Phillies as well.
Basically there is no reason for anyone who is interested in Roy Oswalt to not be interested in Dan Haren, so the additional interest here seems to be a function of the Diamondbacks loosening up, not some sudden realization that Haren is, you know, a darn fine pitcher.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)