Jul 22, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo’s strained oblique muscle forced him to miss the All-Star game and two turns in the rotation, but the Brewers’ ace has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against the Pirates.
Milwaukee sent Lorenzo Cain back to Triple-A to make room for Gallardo on the roster. Cain went 3-for-5 with a double while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues after hitting .326/.407/.439 with 25 steals in 72 games between Double-A and Triple-A, and the 24-year-old outfielder may find himself with a bigger role in Milwaukee if Corey Hart is traded.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)