Jul 22, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo’s strained oblique muscle forced him to miss the All-Star game and two turns in the rotation, but the Brewers’ ace has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against the Pirates.
Milwaukee sent Lorenzo Cain back to Triple-A to make room for Gallardo on the roster. Cain went 3-for-5 with a double while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues after hitting .326/.407/.439 with 25 steals in 72 games between Double-A and Triple-A, and the 24-year-old outfielder may find himself with a bigger role in Milwaukee if Corey Hart is traded.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (156)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)