Jul 22, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
Yovani Gallardo’s strained oblique muscle forced him to miss the All-Star game and two turns in the rotation, but the Brewers’ ace has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against the Pirates.
Milwaukee sent Lorenzo Cain back to Triple-A to make room for Gallardo on the roster. Cain went 3-for-5 with a double while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues after hitting .326/.407/.439 with 25 steals in 72 games between Double-A and Triple-A, and the 24-year-old outfielder may find himself with a bigger role in Milwaukee if Corey Hart is traded.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27