Jul 22, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo’s strained oblique muscle forced him to miss the All-Star game and two turns in the rotation, but the Brewers’ ace has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against the Pirates.
Milwaukee sent Lorenzo Cain back to Triple-A to make room for Gallardo on the roster. Cain went 3-for-5 with a double while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues after hitting .326/.407/.439 with 25 steals in 72 games between Double-A and Triple-A, and the 24-year-old outfielder may find himself with a bigger role in Milwaukee if Corey Hart is traded.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)