Jul 22, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
Yovani Gallardo’s strained oblique muscle forced him to miss the All-Star game and two turns in the rotation, but the Brewers’ ace has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against the Pirates.
Milwaukee sent Lorenzo Cain back to Triple-A to make room for Gallardo on the roster. Cain went 3-for-5 with a double while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues after hitting .326/.407/.439 with 25 steals in 72 games between Double-A and Triple-A, and the 24-year-old outfielder may find himself with a bigger role in Milwaukee if Corey Hart is traded.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)