Jul 22, 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
Very bad news in Jamie Moyer land: An MRI Thursday revealed a sprain of the ulnar
collataral ligament and a strain of the pronator tendon. I’m not sure what that means, but it sounds serious.
Moyer is going on the DL. It’s an injury that could put him out for the year. And at age 47, it’s an injury that could put him out for good.
Here’s hoping that’s not the case.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 19
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (80)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)