Jul 22, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
Pirates’ outfielder Jose Tabata is only 21 and his soon-to-be ex-wife is 44, so she was already guilty of robbing the cradle. Now she’s guilty of stealing an actual baby:
Amalia Tabata-Pereira, 44, pled guilty in
Hillsborough Circuit Court on Wednesday on charges of kidnapping,
interference with custody and impersonating a public officer.In
March of 2009, Tabata-Pereira posed as an immigration official and
threatened a migrant worker and her boyfriend with deportation if they
didn’t give their baby girl to Pereira, prosecutors say. The mother
complied, then contacted police six hours later to report a kidnapping.
Sounds like a real winner. Tabata hasn’t had any contact with her for a good long while and a divorce is pending. Good thing he got away from this freak show.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)