Jul 22, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
Pirates’ outfielder Jose Tabata is only 21 and his soon-to-be ex-wife is 44, so she was already guilty of robbing the cradle. Now she’s guilty of stealing an actual baby:
Amalia Tabata-Pereira, 44, pled guilty in
Hillsborough Circuit Court on Wednesday on charges of kidnapping,
interference with custody and impersonating a public officer.In
March of 2009, Tabata-Pereira posed as an immigration official and
threatened a migrant worker and her boyfriend with deportation if they
didn’t give their baby girl to Pereira, prosecutors say. The mother
complied, then contacted police six hours later to report a kidnapping.
Sounds like a real winner. Tabata hasn’t had any contact with her for a good long while and a divorce is pending. Good thing he got away from this freak show.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12