Jul 22, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Rumors involving Dan Haren have been something of a tease these past few weeks. Little squeaks here and there about how the Diamondbacks would be willing to listen to offers, followed by multiple reports of just how much it would take to convince the Diamondbacks to actually trade him.
But hey, we pass along all the squeaks that are fit to print, and the latest is from Buster Olney who says that the Tigers have “serious” interest in Haren.
For what it’s worth, Jayson Stark thinks that the Dbacks are getting more reasonable, and that Haren may very well move. He’s owed eight figures a year for the next two years, but he does come a bit cheaper than Oswalt and has somewhat less power to veto trades (though he can still veto trades to a dozen teams), so he might not be a bad fallback/bargaining chip for the Cardinals or Phillies or whoever is talking about Oswalt.
That is, if the Tigers don’t make a deal first.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)