Jul 22, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Rumors involving Dan Haren have been something of a tease these past few weeks. Little squeaks here and there about how the Diamondbacks would be willing to listen to offers, followed by multiple reports of just how much it would take to convince the Diamondbacks to actually trade him.
But hey, we pass along all the squeaks that are fit to print, and the latest is from Buster Olney who says that the Tigers have “serious” interest in Haren.
For what it’s worth, Jayson Stark thinks that the Dbacks are getting more reasonable, and that Haren may very well move. He’s owed eight figures a year for the next two years, but he does come a bit cheaper than Oswalt and has somewhat less power to veto trades (though he can still veto trades to a dozen teams), so he might not be a bad fallback/bargaining chip for the Cardinals or Phillies or whoever is talking about Oswalt.
That is, if the Tigers don’t make a deal first.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)