Jul 22, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Rumors involving Dan Haren have been something of a tease these past few weeks. Little squeaks here and there about how the Diamondbacks would be willing to listen to offers, followed by multiple reports of just how much it would take to convince the Diamondbacks to actually trade him.
But hey, we pass along all the squeaks that are fit to print, and the latest is from Buster Olney who says that the Tigers have “serious” interest in Haren.
For what it’s worth, Jayson Stark thinks that the Dbacks are getting more reasonable, and that Haren may very well move. He’s owed eight figures a year for the next two years, but he does come a bit cheaper than Oswalt and has somewhat less power to veto trades (though he can still veto trades to a dozen teams), so he might not be a bad fallback/bargaining chip for the Cardinals or Phillies or whoever is talking about Oswalt.
That is, if the Tigers don’t make a deal first.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)