Jul 22, 2010, 3:29 PM EST
Rumors involving Dan Haren have been something of a tease these past few weeks. Little squeaks here and there about how the Diamondbacks would be willing to listen to offers, followed by multiple reports of just how much it would take to convince the Diamondbacks to actually trade him.
But hey, we pass along all the squeaks that are fit to print, and the latest is from Buster Olney who says that the Tigers have “serious” interest in Haren.
For what it’s worth, Jayson Stark thinks that the Dbacks are getting more reasonable, and that Haren may very well move. He’s owed eight figures a year for the next two years, but he does come a bit cheaper than Oswalt and has somewhat less power to veto trades (though he can still veto trades to a dozen teams), so he might not be a bad fallback/bargaining chip for the Cardinals or Phillies or whoever is talking about Oswalt.
That is, if the Tigers don’t make a deal first.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)