Jul 22, 2010, 12:47 PM EST
After throwing for the Reds earlier this week Jason Isringhausen was quickly offered a minor-league contract by general manager Walt Jocketty and today he accepted the deal.
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Isringhausen will be assigned to Triple-A and “will take at least a couple of weeks to get ready” for a potential call-up to Cincinnati.
Isringhausen is a year removed from Tommy John elbow surgery and reportedly looked good during the throwing session, but the 37-year-old former Cardinals closer hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2007.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (75)