Jul 22, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports this morning that the Mets are trying to trade Jeff Francoeur and that they may have a deal done by this weekend.
There are no indications as to who may be interested in Francoeur, who was recently shuttled to the bench when Carlos Beltran came back from the DL. Francoeur currently makes $5 million and is arbitration eligible following this season, though he’s a pretty obvious non-tender candidate. His value at this point is likely limited to being a bat off the bench against lefties and a defensive replacement.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)