Jul 22, 2010, 8:45 AM EST
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports this morning that the Mets are trying to trade Jeff Francoeur and that they may have a deal done by this weekend.
There are no indications as to who may be interested in Francoeur, who was recently shuttled to the bench when Carlos Beltran came back from the DL. Francoeur currently makes $5 million and is arbitration eligible following this season, though he’s a pretty obvious non-tender candidate. His value at this point is likely limited to being a bat off the bench against lefties and a defensive replacement.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 201
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (206)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)