Jul 22, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports this morning that the Mets are trying to trade Jeff Francoeur and that they may have a deal done by this weekend.
There are no indications as to who may be interested in Francoeur, who was recently shuttled to the bench when Carlos Beltran came back from the DL. Francoeur currently makes $5 million and is arbitration eligible following this season, though he’s a pretty obvious non-tender candidate. His value at this point is likely limited to being a bat off the bench against lefties and a defensive replacement.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)