Jul 22, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports this morning that the Mets are trying to trade Jeff Francoeur and that they may have a deal done by this weekend.
There are no indications as to who may be interested in Francoeur, who was recently shuttled to the bench when Carlos Beltran came back from the DL. Francoeur currently makes $5 million and is arbitration eligible following this season, though he’s a pretty obvious non-tender candidate. His value at this point is likely limited to being a bat off the bench against lefties and a defensive replacement.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)