Jul 22, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
The Yankees are already wearing uniform patches for Bob Sheppard and George Steinbrenner. Now Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets that they’ll add black arm bands in memory of Ralph Houk.
I would hope that everyone significant in the Yankees Universe would stay healthy regardless, but given how damn little real estate is left on the uniforms after this recent stretch of sorrow, their continued health is of added importance.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)