Jul 22, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
The Yankees are already wearing uniform patches for Bob Sheppard and George Steinbrenner. Now Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets that they’ll add black arm bands in memory of Ralph Houk.
I would hope that everyone significant in the Yankees Universe would stay healthy regardless, but given how damn little real estate is left on the uniforms after this recent stretch of sorrow, their continued health is of added importance.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)