Jul 22, 2010, 2:28 PM EST
The Yankees are already wearing uniform patches for Bob Sheppard and George Steinbrenner. Now Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets that they’ll add black arm bands in memory of Ralph Houk.
I would hope that everyone significant in the Yankees Universe would stay healthy regardless, but given how damn little real estate is left on the uniforms after this recent stretch of sorrow, their continued health is of added importance.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)