Jul 23, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
Yesterday I yelled at the Royals for not calling up Alex Gordon despite the fact that he’s been tearing up the pea patch up in Omaha these past few months. When I talk, people listen: the Royals just called him up and he’ll be playing in New York against the Yankees this weekend.
OK, fine, it took David DeJesus injuring himself to do it, but I’m certain that the suits in Kansas City read and heeded my words and that they had way, way more to do with it. It’s just like the time I told them to sign Jason Kendall and to overwork Gil Meche and to give Jose Guillen that big contract.
OK, I may have said too much. That is all.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 5
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 9
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)