Jul 23, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Yesterday I yelled at the Royals for not calling up Alex Gordon despite the fact that he’s been tearing up the pea patch up in Omaha these past few months. When I talk, people listen: the Royals just called him up and he’ll be playing in New York against the Yankees this weekend.
OK, fine, it took David DeJesus injuring himself to do it, but I’m certain that the suits in Kansas City read and heeded my words and that they had way, way more to do with it. It’s just like the time I told them to sign Jason Kendall and to overwork Gil Meche and to give Jose Guillen that big contract.
OK, I may have said too much. That is all.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)