Jul 23, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
Yesterday I yelled at the Royals for not calling up Alex Gordon despite the fact that he’s been tearing up the pea patch up in Omaha these past few months. When I talk, people listen: the Royals just called him up and he’ll be playing in New York against the Yankees this weekend.
OK, fine, it took David DeJesus injuring himself to do it, but I’m certain that the suits in Kansas City read and heeded my words and that they had way, way more to do with it. It’s just like the time I told them to sign Jason Kendall and to overwork Gil Meche and to give Jose Guillen that big contract.
OK, I may have said too much. That is all.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (136)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)