Jul 23, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Yesterday I yelled at the Royals for not calling up Alex Gordon despite the fact that he’s been tearing up the pea patch up in Omaha these past few months. When I talk, people listen: the Royals just called him up and he’ll be playing in New York against the Yankees this weekend.
OK, fine, it took David DeJesus injuring himself to do it, but I’m certain that the suits in Kansas City read and heeded my words and that they had way, way more to do with it. It’s just like the time I told them to sign Jason Kendall and to overwork Gil Meche and to give Jose Guillen that big contract.
OK, I may have said too much. That is all.
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 29
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 56
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings