Jul 23, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Yesterday I yelled at the Royals for not calling up Alex Gordon despite the fact that he’s been tearing up the pea patch up in Omaha these past few months. When I talk, people listen: the Royals just called him up and he’ll be playing in New York against the Yankees this weekend.
OK, fine, it took David DeJesus injuring himself to do it, but I’m certain that the suits in Kansas City read and heeded my words and that they had way, way more to do with it. It’s just like the time I told them to sign Jason Kendall and to overwork Gil Meche and to give Jose Guillen that big contract.
OK, I may have said too much. That is all.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)