Jul 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Awful news from Kansas City: David DeJesus has a complete tear of his thumb ligament and is out for the season.
DeJesus was the subject of numerous trade rumors, but that’s minor. The fact was the he was having a hell of a year, and even if he wasn’t rumored to be going anywhere his loss is a big one for Kansas City.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)