Jul 23, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times has a little bit of an update on Erik Bedard, and like most news with Bedard lately, it doesn’t sound particularly good.
Bedard, who underwent an MRI earlier this week and consulted with surgeon Dr. Lewis Yocum and team medical director Dr. Edward Khalfayan, is scheduled to fly to New York next week in order to get a third opinion on his sore left shoulder.
The 31-year-old left-hander was all set to make his return from the disabled list earlier this month, however he was scratched at the last minute after it was revealed that he suffered a setback. Bedard, who underwent season-ending surgery last August, hasn’t appeared in a major league game since last July 25.
Between today’s news and Bedard telling reporters earlier this week that he is “probably not” going to pitch again this season, it would be no surprise to learn that there is yet another surgery in his future.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)