Jul 23, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Responding to recent articles suggesting Jerry Manuel is on the hot seat, general manager Omar Minaya gave the Mets’ manager a vote of confidence yesterday:
He’s our manager and I see him being our manager.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com called that “an unequivocal vote of confidence” as opposed to the usual “dreaded vote of confidence,” but either way the wording of that quote seems sort of odd to me.
Of course, John Harper of the New York Daily News points out that Minaya may not have any more job security than Manuel and how much good is an oddly worded vote of confidence from a guy who might also be fired at any moment?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 30
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 86
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)