Jul 23, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Responding to recent articles suggesting Jerry Manuel is on the hot seat, general manager Omar Minaya gave the Mets’ manager a vote of confidence yesterday:
He’s our manager and I see him being our manager.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com called that “an unequivocal vote of confidence” as opposed to the usual “dreaded vote of confidence,” but either way the wording of that quote seems sort of odd to me.
Of course, John Harper of the New York Daily News points out that Minaya may not have any more job security than Manuel and how much good is an oddly worded vote of confidence from a guy who might also be fired at any moment?
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)