Jul 23, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Responding to recent articles suggesting Jerry Manuel is on the hot seat, general manager Omar Minaya gave the Mets’ manager a vote of confidence yesterday:
He’s our manager and I see him being our manager.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com called that “an unequivocal vote of confidence” as opposed to the usual “dreaded vote of confidence,” but either way the wording of that quote seems sort of odd to me.
Of course, John Harper of the New York Daily News points out that Minaya may not have any more job security than Manuel and how much good is an oddly worded vote of confidence from a guy who might also be fired at any moment?
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)