Jul 23, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan — no stinkin’ PED apologist like me — nails Bud Selig to the wall on the new minor-league HGH testing announced yesterday:
HGH is baseball’s Shirley Sherrod, the anti-doping clowns its Andrew Breitbart and Selig the Obama administration.
It’s a perfect analogy, really (background here if you’re unfamiliar). The World Anti-Doping Agency profits from scare-mongering about something that is really not a problem and Bud Selig is running scared, fearful of bad publicity.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)