Jul 23, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan — no stinkin’ PED apologist like me — nails Bud Selig to the wall on the new minor-league HGH testing announced yesterday:
HGH is baseball’s Shirley Sherrod, the anti-doping clowns its Andrew Breitbart and Selig the Obama administration.
It’s a perfect analogy, really (background here if you’re unfamiliar). The World Anti-Doping Agency profits from scare-mongering about something that is really not a problem and Bud Selig is running scared, fearful of bad publicity.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)