Jul 23, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan — no stinkin’ PED apologist like me — nails Bud Selig to the wall on the new minor-league HGH testing announced yesterday:
HGH is baseball’s Shirley Sherrod, the anti-doping clowns its Andrew Breitbart and Selig the Obama administration.
It’s a perfect analogy, really (background here if you’re unfamiliar). The World Anti-Doping Agency profits from scare-mongering about something that is really not a problem and Bud Selig is running scared, fearful of bad publicity.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel