Jul 23, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan — no stinkin’ PED apologist like me — nails Bud Selig to the wall on the new minor-league HGH testing announced yesterday:
HGH is baseball’s Shirley Sherrod, the anti-doping clowns its Andrew Breitbart and Selig the Obama administration.
It’s a perfect analogy, really (background here if you’re unfamiliar). The World Anti-Doping Agency profits from scare-mongering about something that is really not a problem and Bud Selig is running scared, fearful of bad publicity.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)