Jul 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The no-trade clause has been a big factor in conversations about Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren, but Ted Lilly has some veto power too: Jon Paul Morosi reports that Lilly can block a trade to the Rays, but not to the Tigers or Mets, who are also looking for starting pitching.
Some day I’d love to see a big story about no-trade clauses, especially limited ones, and hear players talk about why they chose certain teams and not others. Sometimes they makes sense based on geography and stuff — Javier Vazquez famously wants to stay in the east because it’s an easier flight home to Puerto Rico — but others seem kind of random.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 19
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 48
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)