Jul 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The no-trade clause has been a big factor in conversations about Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren, but Ted Lilly has some veto power too: Jon Paul Morosi reports that Lilly can block a trade to the Rays, but not to the Tigers or Mets, who are also looking for starting pitching.
Some day I’d love to see a big story about no-trade clauses, especially limited ones, and hear players talk about why they chose certain teams and not others. Sometimes they makes sense based on geography and stuff — Javier Vazquez famously wants to stay in the east because it’s an easier flight home to Puerto Rico — but others seem kind of random.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)