Jul 23, 2010, 8:45 AM EST
If I had to bet money, I would have bet that a 40′x13′ mural of George Steinbrenner put up a week after his death would have been a tad on the, I dunno, cult-of-personalityish side, maybe looking like some banner from a South American election rally or something. It’s just so hard to have perspective after a big colorful figure like that dies, ya know?
I would have been wrong, though. The big banner the Yankees have put up of the Boss is actually tasteful and, dare I say it, kind of classy.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)