Jul 23, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
If I had to bet money, I would have bet that a 40’x13′ mural of George Steinbrenner put up a week after his death would have been a tad on the, I dunno, cult-of-personalityish side, maybe looking like some banner from a South American election rally or something. It’s just so hard to have perspective after a big colorful figure like that dies, ya know?
I would have been wrong, though. The big banner the Yankees have put up of the Boss is actually tasteful and, dare I say it, kind of classy.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)