Jul 23, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
If I had to bet money, I would have bet that a 40’x13′ mural of George Steinbrenner put up a week after his death would have been a tad on the, I dunno, cult-of-personalityish side, maybe looking like some banner from a South American election rally or something. It’s just so hard to have perspective after a big colorful figure like that dies, ya know?
I would have been wrong, though. The big banner the Yankees have put up of the Boss is actually tasteful and, dare I say it, kind of classy.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)