Jul 23, 2010, 8:45 AM EST
If I had to bet money, I would have bet that a 40’x13′ mural of George Steinbrenner put up a week after his death would have been a tad on the, I dunno, cult-of-personalityish side, maybe looking like some banner from a South American election rally or something. It’s just so hard to have perspective after a big colorful figure like that dies, ya know?
I would have been wrong, though. The big banner the Yankees have put up of the Boss is actually tasteful and, dare I say it, kind of classy.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (172)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)