Jul 23, 2010, 3:13 PM EST
Heard from one source that the two major-league players St. Louis told Houston it would deal for Oswalt are John Jay and Brendan Ryan.
Jay is an interesting player if for no other reason than that he’s lit it up in limited play this season, but he is likely a fourth outfielder type at best based on what I’ve seen in various prospect reports over the past year or so (Cards fans can correct me if I’m way off here). Ryan? If he went to Houston it would be a benefit to the Cardinals, not a loss.
The talks are interesting, and of course, Roy Oswalt’s stated preference to go to the Cardinals matters, but really, if this is the current state of things between the Cards and the Astros, I have no idea how a deal gets done.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 38
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 154
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (155)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)