Jul 23, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
Andy Martino reports that the Mets have DFA’d reliever Fernando Nieve.
He’s been pretty terrible lately, so I get this, but how much of his terribleness is a function of Jerry Manuel criminally overworking him this season? Hell, in some ways getting DFA’d may be the best thing for him. If no trade partner can be found and if he refuses an assignment to the minors (assuming he can), he gets some much needed rest likely finds himself with a new club that won’t work him so damn hard next spring.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)