Jul 23, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
Andy Martino reports that the Mets have DFA’d reliever Fernando Nieve.
He’s been pretty terrible lately, so I get this, but how much of his terribleness is a function of Jerry Manuel criminally overworking him this season? Hell, in some ways getting DFA’d may be the best thing for him. If no trade partner can be found and if he refuses an assignment to the minors (assuming he can), he gets some much needed rest likely finds himself with a new club that won’t work him so damn hard next spring.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)