Jul 23, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
“Every individual acts and suffers in accordance with his peculiar teleology, which has all the inevitability of fate, so long as he does not understand it.”
– Noted psychologist Alfred Adler, no doubt describing the thought process of Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, and his fixation on former Braves players. The latest of which is Jeff Francoeur, in whom Ken Rosenthal reports the Royals are now interested.
This was as inevitable as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. And it could be a perfect deal for the Mets. Dayton Moore loves getting former Braves, so he’d obviously want Francoeur. Omar Minaya loves getting injured players, so he’d be all over David DeJesus. The deal does itself!
And yes, I know that’s a picture of Francoeur in a Braves uniform. But if you don’t think Dayton Moore doesn’t daydream about him like that, you’re crazy.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)