Jul 23, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
“Every individual acts and suffers in accordance with his peculiar teleology, which has all the inevitability of fate, so long as he does not understand it.”
– Noted psychologist Alfred Adler, no doubt describing the thought process of Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, and his fixation on former Braves players. The latest of which is Jeff Francoeur, in whom Ken Rosenthal reports the Royals are now interested.
This was as inevitable as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. And it could be a perfect deal for the Mets. Dayton Moore loves getting former Braves, so he’d obviously want Francoeur. Omar Minaya loves getting injured players, so he’d be all over David DeJesus. The deal does itself!
And yes, I know that’s a picture of Francoeur in a Braves uniform. But if you don’t think Dayton Moore doesn’t daydream about him like that, you’re crazy.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (143)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)