Jul 23, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
“Every individual acts and suffers in accordance with his peculiar teleology, which has all the inevitability of fate, so long as he does not understand it.”
– Noted psychologist Alfred Adler, no doubt describing the thought process of Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, and his fixation on former Braves players. The latest of which is Jeff Francoeur, in whom Ken Rosenthal reports the Royals are now interested.
This was as inevitable as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. And it could be a perfect deal for the Mets. Dayton Moore loves getting former Braves, so he’d obviously want Francoeur. Omar Minaya loves getting injured players, so he’d be all over David DeJesus. The deal does itself!
And yes, I know that’s a picture of Francoeur in a Braves uniform. But if you don’t think Dayton Moore doesn’t daydream about him like that, you’re crazy.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)