Jul 23, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
“Every individual acts and suffers in accordance with his peculiar teleology, which has all the inevitability of fate, so long as he does not understand it.”
– Noted psychologist Alfred Adler, no doubt describing the thought process of Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, and his fixation on former Braves players. The latest of which is Jeff Francoeur, in whom Ken Rosenthal reports the Royals are now interested.
This was as inevitable as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. And it could be a perfect deal for the Mets. Dayton Moore loves getting former Braves, so he’d obviously want Francoeur. Omar Minaya loves getting injured players, so he’d be all over David DeJesus. The deal does itself!
And yes, I know that’s a picture of Francoeur in a Braves uniform. But if you don’t think Dayton Moore doesn’t daydream about him like that, you’re crazy.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)