Jul 23, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
“Every individual acts and suffers in accordance with his peculiar teleology, which has all the inevitability of fate, so long as he does not understand it.”
– Noted psychologist Alfred Adler, no doubt describing the thought process of Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, and his fixation on former Braves players. The latest of which is Jeff Francoeur, in whom Ken Rosenthal reports the Royals are now interested.
This was as inevitable as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. And it could be a perfect deal for the Mets. Dayton Moore loves getting former Braves, so he’d obviously want Francoeur. Omar Minaya loves getting injured players, so he’d be all over David DeJesus. The deal does itself!
And yes, I know that’s a picture of Francoeur in a Braves uniform. But if you don’t think Dayton Moore doesn’t daydream about him like that, you’re crazy.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)