Jul 23, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Joe Cowley writes that Kenny Williams doesn’t want to ”disrupt the team chemistry” as he approaches the deadline.
This coming from a guy who almost came to blows with his manager at almost the exact same time they went on an absolute winning tear. It’s also a team with a manager who openly tells the press how pissed he is at his closer every other day.
Hey, I’m all for chemistry, but if there’s any team that shouldn’t give a rat’s patootie about chemistry, it’s the Chicago White Sox.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)