Jul 23, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
7:05 PM: According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, there are growing indications that the Yankees are the front-runners for Dan Haren.
Rosenthal writes that the Tigers can’t be ruled out, either, but a source tells him that the D-Backs are telling interested clubs that they are in “advanced negotiations” with one team.
5:15 PM: So much for Brian Cashman’s “we don’t need pitching; we only tied to get Cliff Lee because he’s a special case” stuff. Jayson Stark and Ed Price are reporting today that the Yankees are interested in Dan Haren.
Price goes further and says that the Yankees are “pushing hard” for Haren, and that a trade could happen within a couple of days. He also cautions to “take w/salt” however. I assume that means be skeptical and not to consider Dan Haren with the Yankees while watching the new Angelina Jolie movie. But hey, it is trade rumor season and so little of what gets said makes sense.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 26
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)