Jul 23, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
7:05 PM: According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, there are growing indications that the Yankees are the front-runners for Dan Haren.
Rosenthal writes that the Tigers can’t be ruled out, either, but a source tells him that the D-Backs are telling interested clubs that they are in “advanced negotiations” with one team.
5:15 PM: So much for Brian Cashman’s “we don’t need pitching; we only tied to get Cliff Lee because he’s a special case” stuff. Jayson Stark and Ed Price are reporting today that the Yankees are interested in Dan Haren.
Price goes further and says that the Yankees are “pushing hard” for Haren, and that a trade could happen within a couple of days. He also cautions to “take w/salt” however. I assume that means be skeptical and not to consider Dan Haren with the Yankees while watching the new Angelina Jolie movie. But hey, it is trade rumor season and so little of what gets said makes sense.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 15
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 19
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)