Jul 23, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
7:05 PM: According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, there are growing indications that the Yankees are the front-runners for Dan Haren.
Rosenthal writes that the Tigers can’t be ruled out, either, but a source tells him that the D-Backs are telling interested clubs that they are in “advanced negotiations” with one team.
5:15 PM: So much for Brian Cashman’s “we don’t need pitching; we only tied to get Cliff Lee because he’s a special case” stuff. Jayson Stark and Ed Price are reporting today that the Yankees are interested in Dan Haren.
Price goes further and says that the Yankees are “pushing hard” for Haren, and that a trade could happen within a couple of days. He also cautions to “take w/salt” however. I assume that means be skeptical and not to consider Dan Haren with the Yankees while watching the new Angelina Jolie movie. But hey, it is trade rumor season and so little of what gets said makes sense.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires