Jul 23, 2010, 6:58 PM EDT
7:05 PM: According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, there are growing indications that the Yankees are the front-runners for Dan Haren.
Rosenthal writes that the Tigers can’t be ruled out, either, but a source tells him that the D-Backs are telling interested clubs that they are in “advanced negotiations” with one team.
5:15 PM: So much for Brian Cashman’s “we don’t need pitching; we only tied to get Cliff Lee because he’s a special case” stuff. Jayson Stark and Ed Price are reporting today that the Yankees are interested in Dan Haren.
Price goes further and says that the Yankees are “pushing hard” for Haren, and that a trade could happen within a couple of days. He also cautions to “take w/salt” however. I assume that means be skeptical and not to consider Dan Haren with the Yankees while watching the new Angelina Jolie movie. But hey, it is trade rumor season and so little of what gets said makes sense.
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 14
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 110
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (110)