Jul 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
As Aaron noted this morning, it’s looking increasingly likely that the once-untouchable Dan Haren is going to get moved sometime in the next week. The question is where. On that count you can cross out the Tigers and the Twins, because as Jon Paul Morosi reports, Dan Haren has veto rights over trades to either of those teams.
This doesn’t mean that the Tigers and Twins couldn’t try to change his mind about that — almost everything in life is negotiable — but he clearly included them on his no-trade list for a reason. Probably something to do with anti-pasty prejudice, but we can’t be sure.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)