Jul 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
As Aaron noted this morning, it’s looking increasingly likely that the once-untouchable Dan Haren is going to get moved sometime in the next week. The question is where. On that count you can cross out the Tigers and the Twins, because as Jon Paul Morosi reports, Dan Haren has veto rights over trades to either of those teams.
This doesn’t mean that the Tigers and Twins couldn’t try to change his mind about that — almost everything in life is negotiable — but he clearly included them on his no-trade list for a reason. Probably something to do with anti-pasty prejudice, but we can’t be sure.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)