Jul 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
As Aaron noted this morning, it’s looking increasingly likely that the once-untouchable Dan Haren is going to get moved sometime in the next week. The question is where. On that count you can cross out the Tigers and the Twins, because as Jon Paul Morosi reports, Dan Haren has veto rights over trades to either of those teams.
This doesn’t mean that the Tigers and Twins couldn’t try to change his mind about that — almost everything in life is negotiable — but he clearly included them on his no-trade list for a reason. Probably something to do with anti-pasty prejudice, but we can’t be sure.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)