Jul 23, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Last night during the Orioles-Twins game at Camden Yards in Baltimore a young fan ran onto the field and … well, basically did whatever the hell he wanted.
After taking several laps around the field the guy hopped back into the stands, went up a few steps, decided to hop back onto the field, and then ran around for another 30 seconds without being touched. In all, he went untouched by security for over two consecutive minutes. I can only assume security’s plan was to let him tire himself out, much like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope strategy against George Foreman.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39