Jul 23, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Last night during the Orioles-Twins game at Camden Yards in Baltimore a young fan ran onto the field and … well, basically did whatever the hell he wanted.
After taking several laps around the field the guy hopped back into the stands, went up a few steps, decided to hop back onto the field, and then ran around for another 30 seconds without being touched. In all, he went untouched by security for over two consecutive minutes. I can only assume security’s plan was to let him tire himself out, much like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope strategy against George Foreman.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (235)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (141)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)