Jul 23, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Last night during the Orioles-Twins game at Camden Yards in Baltimore a young fan ran onto the field and … well, basically did whatever the hell he wanted.
After taking several laps around the field the guy hopped back into the stands, went up a few steps, decided to hop back onto the field, and then ran around for another 30 seconds without being touched. In all, he went untouched by security for over two consecutive minutes. I can only assume security’s plan was to let him tire himself out, much like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope strategy against George Foreman.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)