Jul 24, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Maine was 1-3 with a 6.13 ERA over his first nine starts this season before going on the disabled list with right arm fatigue on May 21. The Mets brought the 29-year-old right-hander back for $3.3 million this season, but he’s now an obvious non-tender candidate. Maine is 39-32 with a 4.17 ERA over five seasons in New York.
So, is Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen now fully-redeemed for calling John Maine a “perpetual liar” about his health?
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)