Jul 24, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Maine was 1-3 with a 6.13 ERA over his first nine starts this season before going on the disabled list with right arm fatigue on May 21. The Mets brought the 29-year-old right-hander back for $3.3 million this season, but he’s now an obvious non-tender candidate. Maine is 39-32 with a 4.17 ERA over five seasons in New York.
So, is Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen now fully-redeemed for calling John Maine a “perpetual liar” about his health?
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)