Jul 24, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
Maine was 1-3 with a 6.13 ERA over his first nine starts this season before going on the disabled list with right arm fatigue on May 21. The Mets brought the 29-year-old right-hander back for $3.3 million this season, but he’s now an obvious non-tender candidate. Maine is 39-32 with a 4.17 ERA over five seasons in New York.
So, is Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen now fully-redeemed for calling John Maine a “perpetual liar” about his health?
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)