Jul 24, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
Maine was 1-3 with a 6.13 ERA over his first nine starts this season before going on the disabled list with right arm fatigue on May 21. The Mets brought the 29-year-old right-hander back for $3.3 million this season, but he’s now an obvious non-tender candidate. Maine is 39-32 with a 4.17 ERA over five seasons in New York.
So, is Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen now fully-redeemed for calling John Maine a “perpetual liar” about his health?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 9
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 20
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)