Jul 24, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Maine was 1-3 with a 6.13 ERA over his first nine starts this season before going on the disabled list with right arm fatigue on May 21. The Mets brought the 29-year-old right-hander back for $3.3 million this season, but he’s now an obvious non-tender candidate. Maine is 39-32 with a 4.17 ERA over five seasons in New York.
So, is Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen now fully-redeemed for calling John Maine a “perpetual liar” about his health?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)