Jul 24, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
During an appearance on Saturday’s Mets-Dodgers game on FOX, Ken Rosenthal said that Phillies prospect right-hander J.C. Ramirez was a healthy scratch from his Sunday start for Double-A Reading.
This could mean nothing, of course, but it is especially curious during this time of year. Rosenthal noted that the Phillies remain in talks for Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren.
Ramirez, 21, was acquired from the Mariners in last December’s Cliff Lee trade. He is 6-5 with a 4.36 ERA in 18 starts between High-A Clearwater and Double-A Reading this season, averaging 7.4 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9. Featuring a fastball that touches the low-to-mid 90s, he was ranked as the Mariners’ No. 18 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 0
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 48
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 74
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (170)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)