Jul 24, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
During an appearance on Saturday’s Mets-Dodgers game on FOX, Ken Rosenthal said that Phillies prospect right-hander J.C. Ramirez was a healthy scratch from his Sunday start for Double-A Reading.
This could mean nothing, of course, but it is especially curious during this time of year. Rosenthal noted that the Phillies remain in talks for Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren.
Ramirez, 21, was acquired from the Mariners in last December’s Cliff Lee trade. He is 6-5 with a 4.36 ERA in 18 starts between High-A Clearwater and Double-A Reading this season, averaging 7.4 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9. Featuring a fastball that touches the low-to-mid 90s, he was ranked as the Mariners’ No. 18 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)