Jul 24, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
During an appearance on Saturday’s Mets-Dodgers game on FOX, Ken Rosenthal said that Phillies prospect right-hander J.C. Ramirez was a healthy scratch from his Sunday start for Double-A Reading.
This could mean nothing, of course, but it is especially curious during this time of year. Rosenthal noted that the Phillies remain in talks for Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren.
Ramirez, 21, was acquired from the Mariners in last December’s Cliff Lee trade. He is 6-5 with a 4.36 ERA in 18 starts between High-A Clearwater and Double-A Reading this season, averaging 7.4 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9. Featuring a fastball that touches the low-to-mid 90s, he was ranked as the Mariners’ No. 18 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 0
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 88
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 43
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (88)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)