Jul 24, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
During an appearance on Saturday’s Mets-Dodgers game on FOX, Ken Rosenthal said that Phillies prospect right-hander J.C. Ramirez was a healthy scratch from his Sunday start for Double-A Reading.
This could mean nothing, of course, but it is especially curious during this time of year. Rosenthal noted that the Phillies remain in talks for Roy Oswalt and Dan Haren.
Ramirez, 21, was acquired from the Mariners in last December’s Cliff Lee trade. He is 6-5 with a 4.36 ERA in 18 starts between High-A Clearwater and Double-A Reading this season, averaging 7.4 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9. Featuring a fastball that touches the low-to-mid 90s, he was ranked as the Mariners’ No. 18 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)