Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Interest in the veteran left-hander has skyrocketed after he tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Astros on Wednesday. Naturally, the Cubs appear quite content to sell high. Sources tell De Luca that the Cubs would like to deal Lilly before his next scheduled start on Tuesday.
According to the report, the Mets have shown the most interest in Lilly, while the Tigers have re-entered the picture after “hitting a wall” in talks to land Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks.
Remember, we learned just yesterday that Lilly can’t block a trade to either the Mets or Tigers.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)