Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Interest in the veteran left-hander has skyrocketed after he tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Astros on Wednesday. Naturally, the Cubs appear quite content to sell high. Sources tell De Luca that the Cubs would like to deal Lilly before his next scheduled start on Tuesday.
According to the report, the Mets have shown the most interest in Lilly, while the Tigers have re-entered the picture after “hitting a wall” in talks to land Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks.
Remember, we learned just yesterday that Lilly can’t block a trade to either the Mets or Tigers.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)