Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Interest in the veteran left-hander has skyrocketed after he tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Astros on Wednesday. Naturally, the Cubs appear quite content to sell high. Sources tell De Luca that the Cubs would like to deal Lilly before his next scheduled start on Tuesday.
According to the report, the Mets have shown the most interest in Lilly, while the Tigers have re-entered the picture after “hitting a wall” in talks to land Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks.
Remember, we learned just yesterday that Lilly can’t block a trade to either the Mets or Tigers.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)