Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Interest in the veteran left-hander has skyrocketed after he tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Astros on Wednesday. Naturally, the Cubs appear quite content to sell high. Sources tell De Luca that the Cubs would like to deal Lilly before his next scheduled start on Tuesday.
According to the report, the Mets have shown the most interest in Lilly, while the Tigers have re-entered the picture after “hitting a wall” in talks to land Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks.
Remember, we learned just yesterday that Lilly can’t block a trade to either the Mets or Tigers.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)