Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Interest in the veteran left-hander has skyrocketed after he tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Astros on Wednesday. Naturally, the Cubs appear quite content to sell high. Sources tell De Luca that the Cubs would like to deal Lilly before his next scheduled start on Tuesday.
According to the report, the Mets have shown the most interest in Lilly, while the Tigers have re-entered the picture after “hitting a wall” in talks to land Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks.
Remember, we learned just yesterday that Lilly can’t block a trade to either the Mets or Tigers.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 29
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 55
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)