Jul 24, 2010, 2:47 PM EST
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Diamondbacks are asking the Tigers for top pitching prospects Andy Oliver and Jacob Turner in exchange for Dan Haren.
Oliver just recently posted a 7.36 ERA over his first five starts in the big leagues, but the 22-year-old left-hander is 6-4 with a 3.61 ERA and 1.28 WHIP over 14 starts with Double-A Erie. He was the team’s second-round pick in 2009 and was ranked as the organization’s No. 4 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
Turner is even more highly-touted. Last year’s first-round draft pick, the 19-year-old right-hander is 3-4 with a 4.14 ERA over his first 16 professional outings between Single-A West Michigan and High-A Lakeland. He was ranked as the organization’s No. 1 prospect by Baseball America before the season and was included in BA’s midseason Top 50 prospects earlier this month.
There’s no way the Tigers would actually do this, nor are we sure if the Diamondbacks were willing to pay some of the $33 million left on Haren’s contract as part of the proposal.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)