Jul 24, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: No surprise here. Hart is out of the lineup against the Nationals tonight. He told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his wrist is still too sore to even try to swing a bat.
“It’s sore,” he said. “Hopefully, it won’t be too long, especially the way things have been going for me. I might miss a few days.”
“I’ll take treatment until it stops hurting.
I’m lucky I didn’t break anything. It could have been a lot worse.”
11:04 AM: We already saw one trade target go down when David DeJesus suffered a season-ending thumb injury against the Yankees on Thursday night. We nearly lost another one last night.
Corey Hart jammed his right wrist into the side wall along the right field line while attempting to track down a fly ball in the third inning against the Nationals. He remained in the game at first, but was pulled for a pinch-hitter, Jim Edmonds, in the bottom of the frame.
Hart underwent X-rays and an MRI on the wrist, which revealed no fracture, according to Jordan Schnelling of MLB.com. Brewers manager Ken Macha is calling him day-to-day.
“When they were doing all the tests out in right field on him, it didn’t
look that bad,” Macha said. “Where it was located, they were concerned
there may be a small bone fracture in there, so they did the MRI.”
Fortunately, it looks like Hart managed to avoid major injury, but any absence could complicate Doug Melvin’s efforts to trade him.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)