Jul 24, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: No surprise here. Hart is out of the lineup against the Nationals tonight. He told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his wrist is still too sore to even try to swing a bat.
“It’s sore,” he said. “Hopefully, it won’t be too long, especially the way things have been going for me. I might miss a few days.”
“I’ll take treatment until it stops hurting.
I’m lucky I didn’t break anything. It could have been a lot worse.”
11:04 AM: We already saw one trade target go down when David DeJesus suffered a season-ending thumb injury against the Yankees on Thursday night. We nearly lost another one last night.
Corey Hart jammed his right wrist into the side wall along the right field line while attempting to track down a fly ball in the third inning against the Nationals. He remained in the game at first, but was pulled for a pinch-hitter, Jim Edmonds, in the bottom of the frame.
Hart underwent X-rays and an MRI on the wrist, which revealed no fracture, according to Jordan Schnelling of MLB.com. Brewers manager Ken Macha is calling him day-to-day.
“When they were doing all the tests out in right field on him, it didn’t
look that bad,” Macha said. “Where it was located, they were concerned
there may be a small bone fracture in there, so they did the MRI.”
Fortunately, it looks like Hart managed to avoid major injury, but any absence could complicate Doug Melvin’s efforts to trade him.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)