Jul 24, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: No surprise here. Hart is out of the lineup against the Nationals tonight. He told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his wrist is still too sore to even try to swing a bat.
“It’s sore,” he said. “Hopefully, it won’t be too long, especially the way things have been going for me. I might miss a few days.”
“I’ll take treatment until it stops hurting.
I’m lucky I didn’t break anything. It could have been a lot worse.”
11:04 AM: We already saw one trade target go down when David DeJesus suffered a season-ending thumb injury against the Yankees on Thursday night. We nearly lost another one last night.
Corey Hart jammed his right wrist into the side wall along the right field line while attempting to track down a fly ball in the third inning against the Nationals. He remained in the game at first, but was pulled for a pinch-hitter, Jim Edmonds, in the bottom of the frame.
Hart underwent X-rays and an MRI on the wrist, which revealed no fracture, according to Jordan Schnelling of MLB.com. Brewers manager Ken Macha is calling him day-to-day.
“When they were doing all the tests out in right field on him, it didn’t
look that bad,” Macha said. “Where it was located, they were concerned
there may be a small bone fracture in there, so they did the MRI.”
Fortunately, it looks like Hart managed to avoid major injury, but any absence could complicate Doug Melvin’s efforts to trade him.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)