Jul 24, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: No surprise here. Hart is out of the lineup against the Nationals tonight. He told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his wrist is still too sore to even try to swing a bat.
“It’s sore,” he said. “Hopefully, it won’t be too long, especially the way things have been going for me. I might miss a few days.”
“I’ll take treatment until it stops hurting.
I’m lucky I didn’t break anything. It could have been a lot worse.”
11:04 AM: We already saw one trade target go down when David DeJesus suffered a season-ending thumb injury against the Yankees on Thursday night. We nearly lost another one last night.
Corey Hart jammed his right wrist into the side wall along the right field line while attempting to track down a fly ball in the third inning against the Nationals. He remained in the game at first, but was pulled for a pinch-hitter, Jim Edmonds, in the bottom of the frame.
Hart underwent X-rays and an MRI on the wrist, which revealed no fracture, according to Jordan Schnelling of MLB.com. Brewers manager Ken Macha is calling him day-to-day.
“When they were doing all the tests out in right field on him, it didn’t
look that bad,” Macha said. “Where it was located, they were concerned
there may be a small bone fracture in there, so they did the MRI.”
Fortunately, it looks like Hart managed to avoid major injury, but any absence could complicate Doug Melvin’s efforts to trade him.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)