Jul 25, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
Kevin Roberts of MLB.com reports that Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki will play a full nine innings in a rehab start Sunday and is likely to be activated from the disabled list Tuesday when the Rox began a series at home against Pittsburgh.
All great news. Tulo hit the disabled list back in mid-June with a fractured left wrist and has been on a minor league rehab assignment for the past several days.
“Hopefully, he’ll be in position to play against the Pirates,” manager Jim Tracy told MLB.com. “He makes everybody else on the team better. That’s what this young man
has done for the Colorado Rockies in the past, and what he’ll do again.
The Rockies have to be somewhat pleased that they are only 6.5 games back in the National League West given that they’ve gone over a month without their superstar shortstop and Ubaldo Jimenez has been shaky as of late. Tulowitzki was batting .306/.375/.502 with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 235 at-bats before his injury and is a major part of the middle of Colorado’s batting order. If Jimenez can rebound, perhaps the Rox will reach their potential in time for the stretch run.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)