Jul 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Rays outfielder B.J. Upton “remains unlikely to be moved.” This isn’t Earth-shattering news, but Upton had been thrown around as possible trade bait for a pitcher, mostly when Cliff Lee was still being shopped.
Upton is having a terrible year, but occasional lapses aside, defense doesn’t slump as much as hitting and the Rays seem to not want to upset the apple cart too much given that the Rays are a likely playoff team this season.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)