Jul 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that Rays outfielder B.J. Upton “remains unlikely to be moved.” This isn’t Earth-shattering news, but Upton had been thrown around as possible trade bait for a pitcher, mostly when Cliff Lee was still being shopped.
Upton is having a terrible year, but occasional lapses aside, defense doesn’t slump as much as hitting and the Rays seem to not want to upset the apple cart too much given that the Rays are a likely playoff team this season.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 71
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (142)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)