Jul 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Rays outfielder B.J. Upton “remains unlikely to be moved.” This isn’t Earth-shattering news, but Upton had been thrown around as possible trade bait for a pitcher, mostly when Cliff Lee was still being shopped.
Upton is having a terrible year, but occasional lapses aside, defense doesn’t slump as much as hitting and the Rays seem to not want to upset the apple cart too much given that the Rays are a likely playoff team this season.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)