Jul 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Rays outfielder B.J. Upton “remains unlikely to be moved.” This isn’t Earth-shattering news, but Upton had been thrown around as possible trade bait for a pitcher, mostly when Cliff Lee was still being shopped.
Upton is having a terrible year, but occasional lapses aside, defense doesn’t slump as much as hitting and the Rays seem to not want to upset the apple cart too much given that the Rays are a likely playoff team this season.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)