Jul 26, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Dan Haren will make his Angels debut tonight against the Red Sox, jumping right into the rotation just 24 hours after being traded from the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders, Rafael Rodriguez, Patrick Corbin, and a player to be named later who’ll reportedly be Tyler Skaggs.
After starting Haren tonight the Angels will bump the rest of the rotation back one day, with Jered Weaver facing the Red Sox tomorrow followed by Joel Pineiro and Ervin Santana.
Haren has a 3.14 ERA in seven career starts against the Red Sox and a 4.05 ERA in four career starts as a visiting player at Angels Stadium. No word yet on when Joe Saunders will make his Diamondbacks debut.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (239)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)