Jul 26, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Dan Haren will make his Angels debut tonight against the Red Sox, jumping right into the rotation just 24 hours after being traded from the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders, Rafael Rodriguez, Patrick Corbin, and a player to be named later who’ll reportedly be Tyler Skaggs.
After starting Haren tonight the Angels will bump the rest of the rotation back one day, with Jered Weaver facing the Red Sox tomorrow followed by Joel Pineiro and Ervin Santana.
Haren has a 3.14 ERA in seven career starts against the Red Sox and a 4.05 ERA in four career starts as a visiting player at Angels Stadium. No word yet on when Joe Saunders will make his Diamondbacks debut.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)