Jul 26, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Dan Haren will make his Angels debut tonight against the Red Sox, jumping right into the rotation just 24 hours after being traded from the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders, Rafael Rodriguez, Patrick Corbin, and a player to be named later who’ll reportedly be Tyler Skaggs.
After starting Haren tonight the Angels will bump the rest of the rotation back one day, with Jered Weaver facing the Red Sox tomorrow followed by Joel Pineiro and Ervin Santana.
Haren has a 3.14 ERA in seven career starts against the Red Sox and a 4.05 ERA in four career starts as a visiting player at Angels Stadium. No word yet on when Joe Saunders will make his Diamondbacks debut.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)