Jul 26, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Dan Haren will make his Angels debut tonight against the Red Sox, jumping right into the rotation just 24 hours after being traded from the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders, Rafael Rodriguez, Patrick Corbin, and a player to be named later who’ll reportedly be Tyler Skaggs.
After starting Haren tonight the Angels will bump the rest of the rotation back one day, with Jered Weaver facing the Red Sox tomorrow followed by Joel Pineiro and Ervin Santana.
Haren has a 3.14 ERA in seven career starts against the Red Sox and a 4.05 ERA in four career starts as a visiting player at Angels Stadium. No word yet on when Joe Saunders will make his Diamondbacks debut.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)