Jul 26, 2010, 4:58 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury saw game action this afternoon for the first time since May 24, beginning a minor-league rehab assignment by going 1-for-3 as the designated hitter for the Red Sox’s rookie-level Gulf Coast League team.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Ellsbury is expected to play a couple more games in the GCL before joining Triple-A Pawtucket for the remainder of his rehab stint. Barring a setback, he’s allowed to rehab in the minors for a total of 20 days.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)