Jul 26, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
While a trade of Roy Oswalt to the Cardinals is looking more and more problematic, it may not be nearly as problematic as a trade to his other often-rumored destination: Philadelphia. Why? Rosenthal and Morosi report that Roy Oswalt simply doesn’t want to go the Phillies, they say, citing “a source with direct knowledge of his thinking.”
This is not a total surprise. The source I spoke with last week about Oswalt’s preference for St. Louis didn’t specifically say that Oswalt had ruled out the Phillies, but based on how emphatic the suggestion was that he wants to go to the Cardinals, it may not have been crazy to draw such an assumption.
Based on the fact that the team he wants to join won’t pay the price Ed Wade is asking and the team that might pay that price is on Oswalt’s poop-list, it may very well be the case that old Roy goes absolutely nowhere.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)