Jul 26, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
While a trade of Roy Oswalt to the Cardinals is looking more and more problematic, it may not be nearly as problematic as a trade to his other often-rumored destination: Philadelphia. Why? Rosenthal and Morosi report that Roy Oswalt simply doesn’t want to go the Phillies, they say, citing “a source with direct knowledge of his thinking.”
This is not a total surprise. The source I spoke with last week about Oswalt’s preference for St. Louis didn’t specifically say that Oswalt had ruled out the Phillies, but based on how emphatic the suggestion was that he wants to go to the Cardinals, it may not have been crazy to draw such an assumption.
Based on the fact that the team he wants to join won’t pay the price Ed Wade is asking and the team that might pay that price is on Oswalt’s poop-list, it may very well be the case that old Roy goes absolutely nowhere.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)