Jul 26, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
While a trade of Roy Oswalt to the Cardinals is looking more and more problematic, it may not be nearly as problematic as a trade to his other often-rumored destination: Philadelphia. Why? Rosenthal and Morosi report that Roy Oswalt simply doesn’t want to go the Phillies, they say, citing “a source with direct knowledge of his thinking.”
This is not a total surprise. The source I spoke with last week about Oswalt’s preference for St. Louis didn’t specifically say that Oswalt had ruled out the Phillies, but based on how emphatic the suggestion was that he wants to go to the Cardinals, it may not have been crazy to draw such an assumption.
Based on the fact that the team he wants to join won’t pay the price Ed Wade is asking and the team that might pay that price is on Oswalt’s poop-list, it may very well be the case that old Roy goes absolutely nowhere.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)