Jul 26, 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
What, you thought we were done with trade rumors for today? No way.
Roy Oswalt told Bernando Fallas of the Houston Chronicle on Monday that he wouldn’t be opposed to pitching on the East Coast.
“That’s not an issue,” Oswalt told the Chronicle on Monday. “Like I’ve
said from the beginning, it’s going to have to work for both of us.”
He echoed similar thoughts to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
“Location doesn’t matter,” he said.
Oswalt was responding to a report by Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he does not want to go to the Phillies. Of course, it’s been widely reported that Oswalt would prefer to play in St. Louis.
I’m not going to take any of these reports too seriously, since they have been wrong more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oswalt has come to the realization that the Cardinals aren’t going to give the Astros what they want. With the trade deadline staring Oswalt in the face, any contender might look pretty good right about now.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)