Jul 26, 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
What, you thought we were done with trade rumors for today? No way.
Roy Oswalt told Bernando Fallas of the Houston Chronicle on Monday that he wouldn’t be opposed to pitching on the East Coast.
“That’s not an issue,” Oswalt told the Chronicle on Monday. “Like I’ve
said from the beginning, it’s going to have to work for both of us.”
He echoed similar thoughts to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
“Location doesn’t matter,” he said.
Oswalt was responding to a report by Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he does not want to go to the Phillies. Of course, it’s been widely reported that Oswalt would prefer to play in St. Louis.
I’m not going to take any of these reports too seriously, since they have been wrong more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oswalt has come to the realization that the Cardinals aren’t going to give the Astros what they want. With the trade deadline staring Oswalt in the face, any contender might look pretty good right about now.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 13
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 14
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)