Jul 26, 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
What, you thought we were done with trade rumors for today? No way.
Roy Oswalt told Bernando Fallas of the Houston Chronicle on Monday that he wouldn’t be opposed to pitching on the East Coast.
“That’s not an issue,” Oswalt told the Chronicle on Monday. “Like I’ve
said from the beginning, it’s going to have to work for both of us.”
He echoed similar thoughts to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
“Location doesn’t matter,” he said.
Oswalt was responding to a report by Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he does not want to go to the Phillies. Of course, it’s been widely reported that Oswalt would prefer to play in St. Louis.
I’m not going to take any of these reports too seriously, since they have been wrong more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oswalt has come to the realization that the Cardinals aren’t going to give the Astros what they want. With the trade deadline staring Oswalt in the face, any contender might look pretty good right about now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (84)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (78)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)