Jul 26, 2010, 9:01 PM EST
What, you thought we were done with trade rumors for today? No way.
Roy Oswalt told Bernando Fallas of the Houston Chronicle on Monday that he wouldn’t be opposed to pitching on the East Coast.
“That’s not an issue,” Oswalt told the Chronicle on Monday. “Like I’ve
said from the beginning, it’s going to have to work for both of us.”
He echoed similar thoughts to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
“Location doesn’t matter,” he said.
Oswalt was responding to a report by Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he does not want to go to the Phillies. Of course, it’s been widely reported that Oswalt would prefer to play in St. Louis.
I’m not going to take any of these reports too seriously, since they have been wrong more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oswalt has come to the realization that the Cardinals aren’t going to give the Astros what they want. With the trade deadline staring Oswalt in the face, any contender might look pretty good right about now.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)