Jul 26, 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
What, you thought we were done with trade rumors for today? No way.
Roy Oswalt told Bernando Fallas of the Houston Chronicle on Monday that he wouldn’t be opposed to pitching on the East Coast.
“That’s not an issue,” Oswalt told the Chronicle on Monday. “Like I’ve
said from the beginning, it’s going to have to work for both of us.”
He echoed similar thoughts to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
“Location doesn’t matter,” he said.
Oswalt was responding to a report by Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he does not want to go to the Phillies. Of course, it’s been widely reported that Oswalt would prefer to play in St. Louis.
I’m not going to take any of these reports too seriously, since they have been wrong more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oswalt has come to the realization that the Cardinals aren’t going to give the Astros what they want. With the trade deadline staring Oswalt in the face, any contender might look pretty good right about now.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)