Jul 26, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com is “hearing something’s going down between the Twins and Blue Jays, probably for bullpen help.”
He adds that a deal is “not done” but “could be quickly” and speculates that the Twins are most likely targeting Jason Frasor or perhaps Scott Downs.
Minnesota was linked to Frasor during the offseason, which along with Toronto’s reported high asking price for Downs seemingly makes Frasor the much more plausible acquisition for the Twins. Both relievers are impending free agents.
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 6
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)