Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
My personal view, based on what I’ve read and a handful of little tiny things I’ve heard from people who sorta know about it all is that Bobby Valentine kind of got boned in the whole Florida Marlins thing. Not that anyone set out to bone him, really, but that there’s such a disconnect between owner Jeff Loria — who wanted Valentine — and GM Larry Beinfest and team President David Samsom — who didn’t — that he got caught in the middle.
The wise man would step away from that sort of situation and move on. Bobby V., however, just went on the radio and said that him managing the Marlins is not a dead issue based on his conversations with Loria.
Some people have bad things happen to them. Some people, however, kind of create chaos and drama wherever they go. I think Bobby Valentine may be a little bit like that. Because anyone else who has gone what he’s gone through in the past couple of months would have just left that all alone.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)