Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
My personal view, based on what I’ve read and a handful of little tiny things I’ve heard from people who sorta know about it all is that Bobby Valentine kind of got boned in the whole Florida Marlins thing. Not that anyone set out to bone him, really, but that there’s such a disconnect between owner Jeff Loria — who wanted Valentine — and GM Larry Beinfest and team President David Samsom — who didn’t — that he got caught in the middle.
The wise man would step away from that sort of situation and move on. Bobby V., however, just went on the radio and said that him managing the Marlins is not a dead issue based on his conversations with Loria.
Some people have bad things happen to them. Some people, however, kind of create chaos and drama wherever they go. I think Bobby Valentine may be a little bit like that. Because anyone else who has gone what he’s gone through in the past couple of months would have just left that all alone.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)