Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
My personal view, based on what I’ve read and a handful of little tiny things I’ve heard from people who sorta know about it all is that Bobby Valentine kind of got boned in the whole Florida Marlins thing. Not that anyone set out to bone him, really, but that there’s such a disconnect between owner Jeff Loria — who wanted Valentine — and GM Larry Beinfest and team President David Samsom — who didn’t — that he got caught in the middle.
The wise man would step away from that sort of situation and move on. Bobby V., however, just went on the radio and said that him managing the Marlins is not a dead issue based on his conversations with Loria.
Some people have bad things happen to them. Some people, however, kind of create chaos and drama wherever they go. I think Bobby Valentine may be a little bit like that. Because anyone else who has gone what he’s gone through in the past couple of months would have just left that all alone.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)