Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
My personal view, based on what I’ve read and a handful of little tiny things I’ve heard from people who sorta know about it all is that Bobby Valentine kind of got boned in the whole Florida Marlins thing. Not that anyone set out to bone him, really, but that there’s such a disconnect between owner Jeff Loria — who wanted Valentine — and GM Larry Beinfest and team President David Samsom — who didn’t — that he got caught in the middle.
The wise man would step away from that sort of situation and move on. Bobby V., however, just went on the radio and said that him managing the Marlins is not a dead issue based on his conversations with Loria.
Some people have bad things happen to them. Some people, however, kind of create chaos and drama wherever they go. I think Bobby Valentine may be a little bit like that. Because anyone else who has gone what he’s gone through in the past couple of months would have just left that all alone.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)