Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
My personal view, based on what I’ve read and a handful of little tiny things I’ve heard from people who sorta know about it all is that Bobby Valentine kind of got boned in the whole Florida Marlins thing. Not that anyone set out to bone him, really, but that there’s such a disconnect between owner Jeff Loria — who wanted Valentine — and GM Larry Beinfest and team President David Samsom — who didn’t — that he got caught in the middle.
The wise man would step away from that sort of situation and move on. Bobby V., however, just went on the radio and said that him managing the Marlins is not a dead issue based on his conversations with Loria.
Some people have bad things happen to them. Some people, however, kind of create chaos and drama wherever they go. I think Bobby Valentine may be a little bit like that. Because anyone else who has gone what he’s gone through in the past couple of months would have just left that all alone.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (220)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)