Jul 27, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Adam Dunn was out of the Nationals’ lineup Saturday, so he decided to pay an in-game visit to the Brewers’ radio booth, where legendary broadcaster Bob Uecker was back in action after returning from heart surgery.
Bill Ladson of MLB.com initially spun the visit as a positive thing, but then described manager Jim Riggleman as “unhappy” when he learned about it the next day and now he reports that general manager Mike Rizzo “scolded” Dunn today.
At the time Dunn said:
I’ve known the guy for a long time. It’s good to see him healthy, having fun and back doing what he loves. It was great. If I get in trouble going up and seeing a guy after he had heart surgery, I’ll pay my fine. That’s ridiculous.
It turns out that Dunn wasn’t fined by the team, but clearly Rizzo and Riggleman weren’t thrilled with his leaving the bench in uniform to visit the opposing team’s radio booth during a game. I’d say this whole incident could impact Dunn’s likelihood of re-signing with the Nationals, but apparently they haven’t even offered him a contract.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)