Jul 27, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Adam Dunn was out of the Nationals’ lineup Saturday, so he decided to pay an in-game visit to the Brewers’ radio booth, where legendary broadcaster Bob Uecker was back in action after returning from heart surgery.
Bill Ladson of MLB.com initially spun the visit as a positive thing, but then described manager Jim Riggleman as “unhappy” when he learned about it the next day and now he reports that general manager Mike Rizzo “scolded” Dunn today.
At the time Dunn said:
I’ve known the guy for a long time. It’s good to see him healthy, having fun and back doing what he loves. It was great. If I get in trouble going up and seeing a guy after he had heart surgery, I’ll pay my fine. That’s ridiculous.
It turns out that Dunn wasn’t fined by the team, but clearly Rizzo and Riggleman weren’t thrilled with his leaving the bench in uniform to visit the opposing team’s radio booth during a game. I’d say this whole incident could impact Dunn’s likelihood of re-signing with the Nationals, but apparently they haven’t even offered him a contract.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)