Jul 27, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Adam Dunn was out of the Nationals’ lineup Saturday, so he decided to pay an in-game visit to the Brewers’ radio booth, where legendary broadcaster Bob Uecker was back in action after returning from heart surgery.
Bill Ladson of MLB.com initially spun the visit as a positive thing, but then described manager Jim Riggleman as “unhappy” when he learned about it the next day and now he reports that general manager Mike Rizzo “scolded” Dunn today.
At the time Dunn said:
I’ve known the guy for a long time. It’s good to see him healthy, having fun and back doing what he loves. It was great. If I get in trouble going up and seeing a guy after he had heart surgery, I’ll pay my fine. That’s ridiculous.
It turns out that Dunn wasn’t fined by the team, but clearly Rizzo and Riggleman weren’t thrilled with his leaving the bench in uniform to visit the opposing team’s radio booth during a game. I’d say this whole incident could impact Dunn’s likelihood of re-signing with the Nationals, but apparently they haven’t even offered him a contract.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)