Jul 27, 2010, 5:16 PM EST
Adam Dunn was out of the Nationals’ lineup Saturday, so he decided to pay an in-game visit to the Brewers’ radio booth, where legendary broadcaster Bob Uecker was back in action after returning from heart surgery.
Bill Ladson of MLB.com initially spun the visit as a positive thing, but then described manager Jim Riggleman as “unhappy” when he learned about it the next day and now he reports that general manager Mike Rizzo “scolded” Dunn today.
At the time Dunn said:
I’ve known the guy for a long time. It’s good to see him healthy, having fun and back doing what he loves. It was great. If I get in trouble going up and seeing a guy after he had heart surgery, I’ll pay my fine. That’s ridiculous.
It turns out that Dunn wasn’t fined by the team, but clearly Rizzo and Riggleman weren’t thrilled with his leaving the bench in uniform to visit the opposing team’s radio booth during a game. I’d say this whole incident could impact Dunn’s likelihood of re-signing with the Nationals, but apparently they haven’t even offered him a contract.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)