Jul 27, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
As usual the Cubs are trying to trade Kosuke Fukudome and this time Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’re willing to pay “part of” the $4 million he’s still owed this season along with “quite a bit of” the $13 million he’s owed in 2011.
For the third time in three seasons Fukudome has slumped following a strong April, hitting just .218/.319/.321 in 61 games since May 1. For his career he’s a .335/.446/.558 hitter in April compared to just .239/.345/.365 in all other months.
Of course, even .239/.345/.365 isn’t totally useless and setting aside the monthly splits Fukudome is a career .257/.365/.402 hitter in 1,466 plate appearances overall, so if the Cubs are willing to foot the bill for the bulk of his remaining salary he’d be a decent pickup for quite a few teams as a platoon starter or bench bat.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)