Jul 27, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
As usual the Cubs are trying to trade Kosuke Fukudome and this time Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’re willing to pay “part of” the $4 million he’s still owed this season along with “quite a bit of” the $13 million he’s owed in 2011.
For the third time in three seasons Fukudome has slumped following a strong April, hitting just .218/.319/.321 in 61 games since May 1. For his career he’s a .335/.446/.558 hitter in April compared to just .239/.345/.365 in all other months.
Of course, even .239/.345/.365 isn’t totally useless and setting aside the monthly splits Fukudome is a career .257/.365/.402 hitter in 1,466 plate appearances overall, so if the Cubs are willing to foot the bill for the bulk of his remaining salary he’d be a decent pickup for quite a few teams as a platoon starter or bench bat.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)