Jul 27, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
As usual the Cubs are trying to trade Kosuke Fukudome and this time Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’re willing to pay “part of” the $4 million he’s still owed this season along with “quite a bit of” the $13 million he’s owed in 2011.
For the third time in three seasons Fukudome has slumped following a strong April, hitting just .218/.319/.321 in 61 games since May 1. For his career he’s a .335/.446/.558 hitter in April compared to just .239/.345/.365 in all other months.
Of course, even .239/.345/.365 isn’t totally useless and setting aside the monthly splits Fukudome is a career .257/.365/.402 hitter in 1,466 plate appearances overall, so if the Cubs are willing to foot the bill for the bulk of his remaining salary he’d be a decent pickup for quite a few teams as a platoon starter or bench bat.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)