Jul 27, 2010, 9:18 PM EDT
The Angels continue to fade in the American League West, but they received some good news about their newest acquisition Tuesday.
According to Ramona Shelbourne of ESPNLosAngeles.com, not only did X-rays on Dan Haren’s forearm came back negative, the right-hander said he “should be on track” to make his next scheduled start against the first-place Rangers on Saturday.
“The X-rays didn’t show anything. They looked pretty clear so it’s just a
matter of getting the soreness and swelling out of there,” Haren said
Tuesday before the Angels’ game against the Red Sox.”
“I guess I got lucky,” he said. “Dr. [Lewis] Yocum said that if it had
hit an inch lower it would’ve been on the bone and that wouldn’t have
been good, obviously.”
Haren was forced out of his Angels’ debut Monday night after a Kevin Youkilis’ liner hit him on his throwing arm. It didn’t look good at the time, but Haren reported feeling “pretty good” after throwing from 150-200 feet on Tuesday and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Wednesday. The Angels are surely thanking their lucky stars right now.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)