Jul 27, 2010, 9:18 PM EDT
The Angels continue to fade in the American League West, but they received some good news about their newest acquisition Tuesday.
According to Ramona Shelbourne of ESPNLosAngeles.com, not only did X-rays on Dan Haren’s forearm came back negative, the right-hander said he “should be on track” to make his next scheduled start against the first-place Rangers on Saturday.
“The X-rays didn’t show anything. They looked pretty clear so it’s just a
matter of getting the soreness and swelling out of there,” Haren said
Tuesday before the Angels’ game against the Red Sox.”
“I guess I got lucky,” he said. “Dr. [Lewis] Yocum said that if it had
hit an inch lower it would’ve been on the bone and that wouldn’t have
been good, obviously.”
Haren was forced out of his Angels’ debut Monday night after a Kevin Youkilis’ liner hit him on his throwing arm. It didn’t look good at the time, but Haren reported feeling “pretty good” after throwing from 150-200 feet on Tuesday and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Wednesday. The Angels are surely thanking their lucky stars right now.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)