Jul 27, 2010, 9:18 PM EST
The Angels continue to fade in the American League West, but they received some good news about their newest acquisition Tuesday.
According to Ramona Shelbourne of ESPNLosAngeles.com, not only did X-rays on Dan Haren’s forearm came back negative, the right-hander said he “should be on track” to make his next scheduled start against the first-place Rangers on Saturday.
“The X-rays didn’t show anything. They looked pretty clear so it’s just a
matter of getting the soreness and swelling out of there,” Haren said
Tuesday before the Angels’ game against the Red Sox.”
“I guess I got lucky,” he said. “Dr. [Lewis] Yocum said that if it had
hit an inch lower it would’ve been on the bone and that wouldn’t have
been good, obviously.”
Haren was forced out of his Angels’ debut Monday night after a Kevin Youkilis’ liner hit him on his throwing arm. It didn’t look good at the time, but Haren reported feeling “pretty good” after throwing from 150-200 feet on Tuesday and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Wednesday. The Angels are surely thanking their lucky stars right now.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)