Jul 27, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Not the way Dan Haren wanted to get things started in Anaheim. The Angels’ new starter had to leave in the fifth inning after a Kevin Youkilis line drive hit him in his pitching arm. Haren tried to catch it, he couldn’t, it smacked his arm and he went down to his knees in pain.
Haren had given up two runs on seven his with eight strikeouts when he left. The Angels are calling it a bruise for now, but they’re reevaluating this morning.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit