Jul 27, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
Not the way Dan Haren wanted to get things started in Anaheim. The Angels’ new starter had to leave in the fifth inning after a Kevin Youkilis line drive hit him in his pitching arm. Haren tried to catch it, he couldn’t, it smacked his arm and he went down to his knees in pain.
Haren had given up two runs on seven his with eight strikeouts when he left. The Angels are calling it a bruise for now, but they’re reevaluating this morning.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)