Jul 27, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
Not the way Dan Haren wanted to get things started in Anaheim. The Angels’ new starter had to leave in the fifth inning after a Kevin Youkilis line drive hit him in his pitching arm. Haren tried to catch it, he couldn’t, it smacked his arm and he went down to his knees in pain.
Haren had given up two runs on seven his with eight strikeouts when he left. The Angels are calling it a bruise for now, but they’re reevaluating this morning.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27