Jul 27, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Not the way Dan Haren wanted to get things started in Anaheim. The Angels’ new starter had to leave in the fifth inning after a Kevin Youkilis line drive hit him in his pitching arm. Haren tried to catch it, he couldn’t, it smacked his arm and he went down to his knees in pain.
Haren had given up two runs on seven his with eight strikeouts when he left. The Angels are calling it a bruise for now, but they’re reevaluating this morning.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)