Jul 27, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Not the way Dan Haren wanted to get things started in Anaheim. The Angels’ new starter had to leave in the fifth inning after a Kevin Youkilis line drive hit him in his pitching arm. Haren tried to catch it, he couldn’t, it smacked his arm and he went down to his knees in pain.
Haren had given up two runs on seven his with eight strikeouts when he left. The Angels are calling it a bruise for now, but they’re reevaluating this morning.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)