Jul 27, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
David Ross is probably the best backup catcher in baseball. What’s more: he’s pretty cool with being a backup catcher and loves where he’s playing. It makes perfect sense, then, that he and the Braves just agreed to a two-year contract extension.
The terms weren’t announced, but he’s finishing up a two-year, $3 million deal. I imagine there’s a bit of a raise involved given that he’s hit .272/.378/.447 and has thrown out close to half of would-be base stealers.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 2
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 44
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)