Jul 27, 2010, 1:31 PM EST
David Ross is probably the best backup catcher in baseball. What’s more: he’s pretty cool with being a backup catcher and loves where he’s playing. It makes perfect sense, then, that he and the Braves just agreed to a two-year contract extension.
The terms weren’t announced, but he’s finishing up a two-year, $3 million deal. I imagine there’s a bit of a raise involved given that he’s hit .272/.378/.447 and has thrown out close to half of would-be base stealers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)