Jul 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EST
The sole purpose of this entry is to make you feel as old as I felt after Darren Rovell of CNBC tweeted that this month is the 17th anniversary of the baseball movie “Rookie of the Year.”
I was 10 years old when the movie came out and remember thinking it was a) one of the greatest films of all time, and b) probably retroactively based on a true story that would soon be happening to me.
Meanwhile, the “kid” who played Henry Rowengartner is 30 years old now, the insane person who played Chet Steadman is 66, and repeatedly breaking my arm never did help me get to the big leagues.
“Way to go, Runamucker!”
Note: This post was brought to you by the fading memories of my childhood.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)