Jul 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
The sole purpose of this entry is to make you feel as old as I felt after Darren Rovell of CNBC tweeted that this month is the 17th anniversary of the baseball movie “Rookie of the Year.”
I was 10 years old when the movie came out and remember thinking it was a) one of the greatest films of all time, and b) probably retroactively based on a true story that would soon be happening to me.
Meanwhile, the “kid” who played Henry Rowengartner is 30 years old now, the insane person who played Chet Steadman is 66, and repeatedly breaking my arm never did help me get to the big leagues.
“Way to go, Runamucker!”
Note: This post was brought to you by the fading memories of my childhood.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8