Jul 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
The sole purpose of this entry is to make you feel as old as I felt after Darren Rovell of CNBC tweeted that this month is the 17th anniversary of the baseball movie “Rookie of the Year.”
I was 10 years old when the movie came out and remember thinking it was a) one of the greatest films of all time, and b) probably retroactively based on a true story that would soon be happening to me.
Meanwhile, the “kid” who played Henry Rowengartner is 30 years old now, the insane person who played Chet Steadman is 66, and repeatedly breaking my arm never did help me get to the big leagues.
“Way to go, Runamucker!”
Note: This post was brought to you by the fading memories of my childhood.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 0
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 65
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)