Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news. According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, Street was diagnosed with a right abdominal contusion. He is “at home, resting comfortably,” and is currently listed as day-to-day, according to the team.
8:20 PM: Scary stuff in Colorado.
Huston Street was hospitalized after being hit in the inner pelvic region by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart during batting practice, according to Thomas Harding of MLB.com.
Street felt some pain down his right leg and fainted “two or three times” before the ambulance arrived, according to Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger.
“I think his body actually kind of went into shock, because he actually
said he wasn’t in much pain,” Dugger said. “The thing that was kind of
alarming is that he said he had ringing in the ears. We don’t know.
Sometimes it’s just a sign of shock. He could have held his breath and
gotten this natural response.”
We should learn more about his status later tonight.
Street has a 3.00 ERA and six saves in 14 games since returning from the disabled list late last month.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 44
- The Nationals and Phillies are nearing a trade for Jonathan Papelbon 25
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 81
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)