Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news. According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, Street was diagnosed with a right abdominal contusion. He is “at home, resting comfortably,” and is currently listed as day-to-day, according to the team.
8:20 PM: Scary stuff in Colorado.
Huston Street was hospitalized after being hit in the inner pelvic region by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart during batting practice, according to Thomas Harding of MLB.com.
Street felt some pain down his right leg and fainted “two or three times” before the ambulance arrived, according to Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger.
“I think his body actually kind of went into shock, because he actually
said he wasn’t in much pain,” Dugger said. “The thing that was kind of
alarming is that he said he had ringing in the ears. We don’t know.
Sometimes it’s just a sign of shock. He could have held his breath and
gotten this natural response.”
We should learn more about his status later tonight.
Street has a 3.00 ERA and six saves in 14 games since returning from the disabled list late last month.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)