Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news. According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, Street was diagnosed with a right abdominal contusion. He is “at home, resting comfortably,” and is currently listed as day-to-day, according to the team.
8:20 PM: Scary stuff in Colorado.
Huston Street was hospitalized after being hit in the inner pelvic region by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart during batting practice, according to Thomas Harding of MLB.com.
Street felt some pain down his right leg and fainted “two or three times” before the ambulance arrived, according to Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger.
“I think his body actually kind of went into shock, because he actually
said he wasn’t in much pain,” Dugger said. “The thing that was kind of
alarming is that he said he had ringing in the ears. We don’t know.
Sometimes it’s just a sign of shock. He could have held his breath and
gotten this natural response.”
We should learn more about his status later tonight.
Street has a 3.00 ERA and six saves in 14 games since returning from the disabled list late last month.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)