Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 PM EST
UPDATE: Great news. According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, Street was diagnosed with a right abdominal contusion. He is “at home, resting comfortably,” and is currently listed as day-to-day, according to the team.
8:20 PM: Scary stuff in Colorado.
Huston Street was hospitalized after being hit in the inner pelvic region by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart during batting practice, according to Thomas Harding of MLB.com.
Street felt some pain down his right leg and fainted “two or three times” before the ambulance arrived, according to Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger.
“I think his body actually kind of went into shock, because he actually
said he wasn’t in much pain,” Dugger said. “The thing that was kind of
alarming is that he said he had ringing in the ears. We don’t know.
Sometimes it’s just a sign of shock. He could have held his breath and
gotten this natural response.”
We should learn more about his status later tonight.
Street has a 3.00 ERA and six saves in 14 games since returning from the disabled list late last month.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)