Jul 27, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Various earlier tweets from New York reporters had Bay destined for the DL. That hasn’t happened yet, actually, and may not. The word now is that the Mets are going to observe Bay for the next couple of days and see how he does. Bay thinks he won’t be out long, but it’s not really up to him. I mean, he’s the dude that got whacked in the head, right?
5:35 P.M.: Jason Bay was scratched from tonight’s lineup
and subsequently placed on the disabled list due to a mild concussion. See Update above.
against the Dodgers last Friday night, but he didn’t begin feeling the
symptoms until the flight back to New York on Sunday evening. He played on Saturday and Sunday, going 2 for 9.
Thank goodness that mega Jeff Francoeur trade didn’t go down! The Mets need him now!
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 31
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)