Jul 27, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Various earlier tweets from New York reporters had Bay destined for the DL. That hasn’t happened yet, actually, and may not. The word now is that the Mets are going to observe Bay for the next couple of days and see how he does. Bay thinks he won’t be out long, but it’s not really up to him. I mean, he’s the dude that got whacked in the head, right?
5:35 P.M.: Jason Bay was scratched from tonight’s lineup
and subsequently placed on the disabled list due to a mild concussion. See Update above.
against the Dodgers last Friday night, but he didn’t begin feeling the
symptoms until the flight back to New York on Sunday evening. He played on Saturday and Sunday, going 2 for 9.
Thank goodness that mega Jeff Francoeur trade didn’t go down! The Mets need him now!
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 0
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 48
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 74
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (168)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)