Jul 27, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
UPDATE: Various earlier tweets from New York reporters had Bay destined for the DL. That hasn’t happened yet, actually, and may not. The word now is that the Mets are going to observe Bay for the next couple of days and see how he does. Bay thinks he won’t be out long, but it’s not really up to him. I mean, he’s the dude that got whacked in the head, right?
5:35 P.M.: Jason Bay was scratched from tonight’s lineup
and subsequently placed on the disabled list due to a mild concussion. See Update above.
against the Dodgers last Friday night, but he didn’t begin feeling the
symptoms until the flight back to New York on Sunday evening. He played on Saturday and Sunday, going 2 for 9.
Thank goodness that mega Jeff Francoeur trade didn’t go down! The Mets need him now!
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)