Jul 27, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Various earlier tweets from New York reporters had Bay destined for the DL. That hasn’t happened yet, actually, and may not. The word now is that the Mets are going to observe Bay for the next couple of days and see how he does. Bay thinks he won’t be out long, but it’s not really up to him. I mean, he’s the dude that got whacked in the head, right?
5:35 P.M.: Jason Bay was scratched from tonight’s lineup
and subsequently placed on the disabled list due to a mild concussion. See Update above.
against the Dodgers last Friday night, but he didn’t begin feeling the
symptoms until the flight back to New York on Sunday evening. He played on Saturday and Sunday, going 2 for 9.
Thank goodness that mega Jeff Francoeur trade didn’t go down! The Mets need him now!
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)