Jul 27, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
UPDATE: Various earlier tweets from New York reporters had Bay destined for the DL. That hasn’t happened yet, actually, and may not. The word now is that the Mets are going to observe Bay for the next couple of days and see how he does. Bay thinks he won’t be out long, but it’s not really up to him. I mean, he’s the dude that got whacked in the head, right?
5:35 P.M.: Jason Bay was scratched from tonight’s lineup
and subsequently placed on the disabled list due to a mild concussion. See Update above.
against the Dodgers last Friday night, but he didn’t begin feeling the
symptoms until the flight back to New York on Sunday evening. He played on Saturday and Sunday, going 2 for 9.
Thank goodness that mega Jeff Francoeur trade didn’t go down! The Mets need him now!
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (215)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)