Jul 27, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins is out of the Phillies’ lineup tonight after limping through yesterday’s game and while X-rays came back negative on his bruised foot David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that “someone who saw Jimmy Rollins today said he came in on crutches.”
On the other hand, Ryan Lawrence of the Delaware County Daily Times reported later that Rollins was “not on crutches” when he walked into the clubhouse. So … who knows.
It’s certainly possible he showed up to the ballpark on crutches and then ditched them before going in front of reporters, just as it’s possible doctors told him to use the crutches for a while even if the injury is relatively minor.
Either way, he has a foot injury and Wilson Valdez is starting at shortstop tonight.
UPDATE: Todd Zolecki of MLB.com chimes in: Jimmy Rollins is limping badly, but said he did not arrive to the ballpark on crutches. “Segway,” he said.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)