Jul 27, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins is out of the Phillies’ lineup tonight after limping through yesterday’s game and while X-rays came back negative on his bruised foot David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that “someone who saw Jimmy Rollins today said he came in on crutches.”
On the other hand, Ryan Lawrence of the Delaware County Daily Times reported later that Rollins was “not on crutches” when he walked into the clubhouse. So … who knows.
It’s certainly possible he showed up to the ballpark on crutches and then ditched them before going in front of reporters, just as it’s possible doctors told him to use the crutches for a while even if the injury is relatively minor.
Either way, he has a foot injury and Wilson Valdez is starting at shortstop tonight.
UPDATE: Todd Zolecki of MLB.com chimes in: Jimmy Rollins is limping badly, but said he did not arrive to the ballpark on crutches. “Segway,” he said.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)