Jul 27, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins is out of the Phillies’ lineup tonight after limping through yesterday’s game and while X-rays came back negative on his bruised foot David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that “someone who saw Jimmy Rollins today said he came in on crutches.”
On the other hand, Ryan Lawrence of the Delaware County Daily Times reported later that Rollins was “not on crutches” when he walked into the clubhouse. So … who knows.
It’s certainly possible he showed up to the ballpark on crutches and then ditched them before going in front of reporters, just as it’s possible doctors told him to use the crutches for a while even if the injury is relatively minor.
Either way, he has a foot injury and Wilson Valdez is starting at shortstop tonight.
UPDATE: Todd Zolecki of MLB.com chimes in: Jimmy Rollins is limping badly, but said he did not arrive to the ballpark on crutches. “Segway,” he said.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)