Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
There are a ton of high-profile rookies this year — and actually, Jaime Garcia may be the most deserving of the NL Rookie of the Year award right now — but certainly the two most hyped rookies this season are Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward. They face off tonight in Washington.
It’s their first meeting, but it’s not the first time Strasburg has faced the Braves. Atlanta handed the kid who really needs a nickname a loss back on June 28th when Heyward was on the disabled list. It was arguably Strasburg’s worst start of the season, though not a terrible one.
But more than seeing the two young beasts of the NL East face each other, I’m looking forward to this for another reason: it’s the first time Strasburg has faced a team for the second time. Will they adjust to him and give him more trouble, or will he build upon what he learned about them the last time and exploit their weaknesses?
That’s really the only thing we haven’t see from Strasburg yet: the strategic side of the game. He’s got great stuff. But how quick a learner is he? We find out tonight at 7:05 P.M. Eastern.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)