Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
There are a ton of high-profile rookies this year — and actually, Jaime Garcia may be the most deserving of the NL Rookie of the Year award right now — but certainly the two most hyped rookies this season are Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward. They face off tonight in Washington.
It’s their first meeting, but it’s not the first time Strasburg has faced the Braves. Atlanta handed the kid who really needs a nickname a loss back on June 28th when Heyward was on the disabled list. It was arguably Strasburg’s worst start of the season, though not a terrible one.
But more than seeing the two young beasts of the NL East face each other, I’m looking forward to this for another reason: it’s the first time Strasburg has faced a team for the second time. Will they adjust to him and give him more trouble, or will he build upon what he learned about them the last time and exploit their weaknesses?
That’s really the only thing we haven’t see from Strasburg yet: the strategic side of the game. He’s got great stuff. But how quick a learner is he? We find out tonight at 7:05 P.M. Eastern.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)