Jul 27, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
There are a ton of high-profile rookies this year — and actually, Jaime Garcia may be the most deserving of the NL Rookie of the Year award right now — but certainly the two most hyped rookies this season are Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward. They face off tonight in Washington.
It’s their first meeting, but it’s not the first time Strasburg has faced the Braves. Atlanta handed the kid who really needs a nickname a loss back on June 28th when Heyward was on the disabled list. It was arguably Strasburg’s worst start of the season, though not a terrible one.
But more than seeing the two young beasts of the NL East face each other, I’m looking forward to this for another reason: it’s the first time Strasburg has faced a team for the second time. Will they adjust to him and give him more trouble, or will he build upon what he learned about them the last time and exploit their weaknesses?
That’s really the only thing we haven’t see from Strasburg yet: the strategic side of the game. He’s got great stuff. But how quick a learner is he? We find out tonight at 7:05 P.M. Eastern.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)