Jul 27, 2010, 3:14 PM EST
Rich Harden’s minor-league rehab assignment was extended after he struggled in his first few outings, but the oft-injured right-hander racked up 10 strikeouts in six shutout innings at Triple-A last night.
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News speculates that the performance may be enough to get Harden off the disabled list and back in the Rangers’ rotation as soon as this weekend.
Harden hasn’t pitched since June 11 because of a strained left gluteal muscle and struggled mightily while posting a 5.68 ERA and 59/43 K/BB ratio in 65 innings before the injury.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)