Jul 27, 2010, 3:14 PM EST
Rich Harden’s minor-league rehab assignment was extended after he struggled in his first few outings, but the oft-injured right-hander racked up 10 strikeouts in six shutout innings at Triple-A last night.
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News speculates that the performance may be enough to get Harden off the disabled list and back in the Rangers’ rotation as soon as this weekend.
Harden hasn’t pitched since June 11 because of a strained left gluteal muscle and struggled mightily while posting a 5.68 ERA and 59/43 K/BB ratio in 65 innings before the injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)